Lifestyle changes and home remedies can help you to prevent meningitis! Here’s How!
Meningitis is a type of infection that causes inflammation of the brain around the brain and spinal cord. It is usually caused by viruses but, in some cases may also be caused by bacteria or fungus. Some of the main symptoms of meningitis are headache, fever, and stiff neck. However, some cases of meningitis are cured in just a few weeks, while other cases can be fatal. If you feel that any member of your family has symptoms of meningitis, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the symptoms of meningitis?
Some common symptoms of meningitis are described below:
- Fever and chills, especially in newborns and children
- Change of mental state
- Nausea and vomiting
- Light sensitivity (photophobia)
- Severe headache
- Neck stiffness
- Fainting again and again
Many other symptoms cannot be mentioned. If you have any questions about the side effects of meningitis, consult your doctor.
Many people have the same question i.e., “when should I see the doctor”?
If you or someone in your family has the following symptoms of meningitis, consult a doctor immediately:
- Severe, unreliable headaches
- Stiff neck
Viral meningitis can also be cured without treatment, but bacterial meningitis is a serious problem that can develop very quickly and can only be cured with immediate antibiotic treatment. In the case of bacterial meningitis, if treated late, there is an increased risk of permanent brain damage and other harmful effects.
There is no way to know what type of meningitis you have without seeing your doctor.
If any member of your family or someone working with you is suffering from meningitis, then you need to consult your doctor. You may also need to take medications to prevent this infection.
Can you help me prevent meningitis?
The following lifestyle and home remedies can help you fight meningitis:
- Do not take bacterial meningitis lightly. It may be a medical emergency. Therefore, you need to pay immediate attention to it and get treatment.
- Careful hand washing can help prevent this disease.
- If you are pregnant, make sure that the food is cooked cleanly or not. Also, intake of milk foods work.
What causes an increased risk of meningitis for me?
The main reasons for increasing the risk of meningitis are:
- If you forget to get the meningitis vaccine.
- Most cases of viral meningitis occur in children below five years of age.
- Weak immune system
- Having diabetes
- If you are pregnant, you are at an increased risk of listeriosis. Listeria bacteria increase the risk of meningitis
If none of these risks are in your lifestyle, it does not mean that you cannot become ill. These signs are only for a few examples. You should consult a specialist physician for more information.